Note taking accommodations are available to eligible students with disabilities. Volunteer note takers are solicited by the instructor of the class. However, many instructors provide notes or PowerPoint slides via K-State Online which may reduce the need for note taking services.
The following information outlines the steps to take when requesting a note taker.
- Meet with SAC to request a note taking accommodation.
- Meet with instructor to discuss the accommodation.
- If you need the instructor to obtain a volunteer note taker for you, the instructor will read an announcement in class. Your information should be kept confidential.
- Once a note taker is located, ask the instructor for the note taker's name and email address.
- Contact SAC with the contact information of the note taker or if no one volunteers.
- You should notify us immediately if there are concerns or issues in receiving notes in a timely fashion.