Information about the Toolkit
The K-State Equity Issues Committee developed this toolkit to help achieve the following goals:
- Improve the retention of women and minority faculty, staff and administrators.
- Increase opportunities for women and minorities to pursue advancement in their careers.
- Establish methods and strategies to identify and eliminate inequities.
- Address issues related to achieving a supportive and inclusive work environment for all.
This toolkit is designed as an aid for department and unit heads to assess and evaluate issues in their units that may specifically impact the working environment for women and minority faculty and unclassified professionals. The toolkit includes:
- Institutional data
- Assessment tools that can be used to gather data and information to identify whether inequities exist in particular areas and to evaluate and address related climate issues.
- Resource materials that can increase awareness of equity issues.
Some items in the toolkit may apply to both faculty and unclassified professionals. Other items may be more pertinent to faculty, rather than to unclassified professionals, and vice versa. Still other items may have the most relevance to issues for minority employees. The toolkit has the potential to be used for a variety of purposes, including education, self and/or professional development, as part of five-year evaluations, and for discussion with the unit or college diversity committee.