1. K-State home
  2. »OIP
  3. »Education Abroad
  4. »Incoming Exchange Students
  5. »Apply as an Undergraduate Student

Education Abroad

Apply As An Undergraduate Student

Students WalkingWhen to Apply*:

  • October 1 for January enrollment (Spring)
  • March 1 for May/June enrollment (Summer)
  • May 1 for August enrollment (Fall)


*If the application deadline cannot be met, home institution advisors should contact seboro@ksu.edu

Application Information

Undergraduate exchange students should apply using the Kansas State University online application system. When all of your materials have been received, and the application questionnaires have been answered, your materials will be forwarded to the International Admissions Office.  Depending on the time of year, and the number of applications received, it may take 3-5 weeks before you receive a response regarding the International Admissions decision.

  1. Create an online Incoming Exchange Student Application 
  2. Click on "Apply Now" in the middle of the page, then click "OK" when it asks if you are sure you wish to create an application.
  3. When asked to “indicate how you will be logging in” select “I do not have login credentials to this site.”
  4. Enter your name, email address, date of birth, gender, and confirm your home institution, then click "create account."
  5. A new page will appear to let you know that "an email will be sent shortly with your login information to the email address you provided.”
  6. Check the email address you provided for your temporary password and follow the link in the email to the "General non-login."
  7. When asked to “indicate how you will be logging in” select “I have login credentials to this site that I received by email.”
  8. Complete the security questions and change your password.
  9. Choose the term you wish to apply for your studies at Kansas State University.
  10. Complete the online form with your information and click "submit."
  11. Read the welcome message on the left-hand side of the page.
  12. Click on each of the two Application Questionnaires, and respond to the questions as appropriate.
  13. Please refer to the “What to Send” section below for more information about the documents that must be submitted with your application.

For more information about the application process, check out this document 10 Steps to K-State

Academic Admissions Requirements 

  • Completed High School Degree
  • 2.5 out of 4.0 GPA (grade point average)

See exceptions here

3.0 out of 4.0 GPA required for:
Interior Architecture and Product Design*
Landscape Architecture*
Regional and Community Planning*

Human Ecology:
Interior Design

Business Administration:

2.75 out of 4.0 GPA required for:
Arts and Sciences:
Fine Arts
Business Administration:
Management Information Systems
Architectural Engineering
Biological Systems Engineering
Chemical Engineering
Civil Engineering
Computer Engineering
Computer Science
Construction Science and Management
Electrical Engineering
Industrial Engineering
Information Systems
Mechanical Engineering 
*The SAT is strongly recommended for all Architecture programs. The SAT is not required for any programs.

Where to Mail Your Application

Attn: Sara Boro
Kansas State University
Office of International Programs
304 Fairchild Hall
Manhattan, KS 66506

Email: seboro@ksu.edu

Phone: +001-785-532-5990

What to Send (Supporting Documents)

Exchange students applying to Kansas State University must submit all of the following items: 

1. Affidavit of Financial Support

Note: the sponsor on the Affidavit of Financial Support must match the name on the supporting bank statement. If the money from your parent/sponsor is already in your bank account then you are your own sponsor.

2. Copy of passport ID and data pages

3. Letter of Support from home university exchange coordinator, stating the following information:

i. Name of the student being nominated;

ii. Confirming the student does not have a disciplinary record at their home university;

iii. Confirming that the student either:

a. Has a sufficient level of English language knowledge to take courses taught in English, verified by either signed documentation from an academic institution or language school OR

b. By results from a recognized English language test; more detailed information can be found on the International Student and Scholar Services Website

4. Official University Transcripts (translated into English)

**An electronic or paper portfolio is required for students applying to the College of Architecture, Planning and Design. 

English Proficiency Test

The Department of State requires that all Undergraduate exchange students possess sufficient proficiency in the English language, as determined by an objective measurement of English language proficiency, to successfully participate in his or her program and to function on a day-to-day basis. 

To verify English language proficiency, students must do one of the following:

1. Provide signed documentation from an academic institution or English language school;

2. Provide results from a recognized English language test;

3. Or be required to take the English Language test and enroll in English language courses as assessed

Application Fee

Exchange students are not required to pay the Kansas State University application fee.  This fee is covered by the Office of International Programs, as a part of our reciprocal exchange agreement with your home institution.