Exchange Student Fee Information
Tuition & Fees
Exchange students are not required to pay for tuition and fees for up to 15 credits of regular course enrollment.
Exchange students may need to pay additional fees if:
- enrolled in more than half-time English Language Program (ELP) courses
- enrolled in courses which have additional fees that are not paid by the OIP
- University For Man (UFM) Community Learning Center
- Division of Continuing Education (DCE)
Room and Board
Most exchange students are required to pay for their own room (accommodation) and board (meals). However, in some cases, our university has an agreement which does not require students to pay for room and board.
Students who are not required to pay for room and board can apply to live on-campus in the Residence Halls or Jardine Apartments, or off-campus in independent housing. If living off campus, students must notify the Incoming Exchange Student Coordinator in advance, so they can receive a housing stipend upon arrival for an amount equal to the cost of living in shared room in the Residence Halls.
Residence Hall Application Fee
Students who do not have room and board included in their exchange must pay the application fee.
Students who have room and board included in their exchange do not have to pay the application fee.
All exchange students will automatically be billed for the mandatory U.S. health insurance on their K-State Student Billing Account through the student information system (KSIS). Students can request a waiver if their health insurance meets our minimum requirements.
Summary of expensesRequired expenses not included in the exchange:
- International Student Health Insurance
- If housing & meals are not included in your exchange: cost varies
- Books and other supplies
Other expenses that may be incurred:
- Housing if arriving before the official arrival date, or remaining after exams are complete: $40 per night on campus
- Classes above the 15 credit maximum covered by the exchange agreement: $300.40 per credit hour plus any special course fees
- Transcript: free if ordered before departure from the university (there is a fee if it is ordered after the student has left the University)
Estimated Costs at K-State (2016-2017)*
|Housing Application Fee||$30.00|
|Traditional Double Room in the Residence Halls||$2,415.00|
|All Access Meal Plan||$2,300.00|
|Visa (Application and SEVIS Fee)||$360|
|Books and Supplies||$550.00|
|International Student Health Insurance||$580.00|