1. K-State home
  2. »OIP
  3. »Education Abroad
  4. »Current students
  5. »Consider Scholarships and Financial Aid
  6. »Apply for Scholarships and Financial Aid

Education Abroad

Apply for Scholarships and Financial Aid

How to Apply for Education Abroad Scholarships

Each scholarship application is unique in process and may have differing deadlines and criteria. Please review each application for details. 

Office of International Programs Scholarships

The Office of International Programs has scholarships available from generous donations made by K-State Alumni, which are available through the K-State Scholarship Network (KSN). Students can apply for these scholarships through the application website: https://k-state.academicworks.com/users/sign_in. Follow the instructions found in this document to complete the application for the term you are planning to go abroad: K-State Scholarship Network Education Abroad Instructions (pdf).

It is important to note that completing an application does not guarantee the applicants will receive an award.

KSU, International, and Nationally Competitive Scholarships

All scholarships are competitive and we suggest that students apply to scholarship from the Office of International Programs, as well as other K-State departments, national scholarships and even consider international scholarship to maximize the change of receiving funding. For additional scholarship opportunities please review this list: https://ksu.studioabroad.com/?go=Scholarships.


 How to Apply for Federal Financial Aid

  1. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). If you choose a summer study abroad program, you also need to complete the Summer Financial Aid Application.  The Summer Financial Aid Application can be found at http://www.k-state.edu/sfa/forms/summerapp.pdf.
  2. Once your online study abroad application is in the Committed phase, your Education Abroad Advisor will provide you with a cost summary for your program, with you both must sign. Once the cost summary is signed, your Education Abroad Advisor will send it to the Office of Student Financial Assistance.
  3. If you have any questions about your financial aid, meet with your Financial Aid Advisor in the Office of Student Financial Assistance (104 Fairchild Hall). 
  4. You will receive a notification on your K-State student KSIS account if there is a change in the amount of financial aid that you are awarded.
  5. Make all necessary arrangements to receive your financial aid. To simplify this process, we highly recommend that you register for your eRefund on KSIS and/or that a parent or guardian applies for the Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) with the Cashier’s Office.