Apply for Scholarships and Financial Aid
How to Apply for Education Abroad Scholarships
Each scholarship application is unique in process and may have differing deadlines and criteria. Please review each application for details. The Office of International Programs is currently changing systems at the moment and this information will be updated later in summer 2018 to show instructions for our new application, once that is ready. In the meantime, visit the education abroad scholarships webpage to see what is available.
How to Apply for Federal Financial Aid
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). If you choose a summer study abroad program, you also need to complete the Summer Financial Aid Application. The Summer Financial Aid Application can be found at http://www.k-state.edu/sfa/forms/summerapp.pdf.
- Once your online study abroad application is in the Committed phase, your Education Abroad Advisor will provide you with a cost summary for your program, with you both must sign. Once the cost summary is signed, your Education Abroad Advisor will send it to the Office of Student Financial Assistance.
- If you have any questions about your financial aid, meet with your Financial Aid Advisor in the Office of Student Financial Assistance (104 Fairchild Hall).
- You will receive a notification on your K-State student KSIS account if there is a change in the amount of financial aid that you are awarded.
- Make all necessary arrangements to receive your financial aid. To simplify this process, we highly recommend that you register for your eRefund on KSIS and/or that a parent or guardian applies for the Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) with the Cashier’s Office.