Apply for Scholarships and Financial Aid
How to Apply for Study Abroad Scholarships
- Visit the education abroad scholarships webpage.
- Click on Education Abroad Scholarships List and Studio Abroad will open in a new window.
- Choose the " OIP (Office of International Programs) Education Abroad Scholarships Application"
- Click Apply Now
- Log in with your K-State eID if you are a registered K-State student, faculty member, or staff member; or create an account using the User Identification wizard if you are not registered with K-State.
- Choose the term in which you are going abroad for independent programs. For faculty-led program, choose the term in which the corresponding KSU course is tied to, Fall, Spring or Summer.
- Click on the Scholarships Application form under the Application Questionnaires box.
- Enter the name of your education abroad program (the way it is listed on Studio Abroad) and the country to which you will travel.
- Fill out the two scholarship essays. You may save and return to your application at any time.
- Choose the scholarships you are eligible for by clicking 'yes' on the drop down menu specific to each scholarship. We encourage you to apply for all of the scholarships you are eligible for, but please be aware, it is not possible to be eligible for all scholarships at one time.
- Submit your scholarship application. You will not be able to make any changes after you click Submit. The application will close at 5pm the day of the deadline and no incomplete applications will be considered after this time.
How to Apply for Federal Financial Aid
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). If you choose a summer study abroad program, you also need to complete the Summer Financial Aid Application. The Summer Financial Aid Application can be found at http://www.k-state.edu/sfa/forms/summerapp.pdf.
- Once your online study abroad application is in the Committed phase, your Education Abroad Advisor will provide you with a cost summary for your program, with you both must sign. Once the cost summary is signed, your Education Abroad Advisor will send it to the Office of Student Financial Assistance.
- If you have any questions about your financial aid, meet with your Financial Aid Advisor in the Office of Student Financial Assistance (104 Fairchild Hall).
- You will receive a notification on your K-State student KSIS account if there is a change in the amount of financial aid that you are awarded.
- Make all necessary arrangements to receive your financial aid. To simplify this process, we highly recommend that you register for your eRefund on KSIS and/or that a parent or guardian applies for the Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) with the Cashier’s Office.